LT / DE / FR / RU 
  Search 
Search    Home Feedback Structure of Website ACCESSIBILITY / CREATORS / SUPPORTERS   
Contacts
Information for Visitor
About the Museum
Lazdynų Pelėda
The Cottage of Paragiai
Manor
   
 

Museum of Lazdynų PelėdaExposition of lazdynų pelėda

Contacts
Address: Paragių kaimas, LT-85283, Papilės sen., Akmenės rajonas.
Mob. tel. +370-682 36 150, +370 607 29077.
E-mail: janina.cib[at]gmail.com
The museum`s superintendent – Janina Čibirienė.

Information for Visitor

Opening Hours
Tuesday – Saturday 8–17.

Entrance
Adults – 4,15 Lt (1,2 €);
pupils, children, pensioniers, disabled, students  – 2,08 Lt (0,6 €).

About the Museum
The museum of Lazdynu Peleda was established in 1966. Its area stretches for 94.8 square metres. In the museum a memorial exposition of the writers is displayed.
During the museum`s preparation for restoration, a part of the exhibits has been temporarily removed from the exposition. However, even at the present time, in the museum premises the visitors may get acquainted with some of the writers` household articles, documents, photographs - the background that had shaped the talent of the writer Lazdynu Peleda.

Lazdynų Pelėda (Sofija Pšibiliauskienė)Lazdynų Pelėda (Marija Ivanauskaitė-Lastauskienė)
The writer was born on 1/06/1872 in Siauliai, and died on 19/07/1957 in Kaunas. She received her education at home, from her father. Marija Ivanauskaitė started composing verses in Polish at the age of 17. Encouraged by her sister and Povilas Visinskis, she began writing for the Lithuanian press. Marija Ivanauskaitė composed her works in Polish, while her sister Sofija translated them into Lithuanian. These collective works were published under a joint pen-name of both sisters - Lazdynu Peleda. After her sister`s death, Marija wrote in Lithuanian.

The Cottage of Paragiai Manor
The cottage of Paragiai Manor is an estate ensemble, a characteristic feature of the 18th c. architecture. The cottage has been renowned for being a homeplace of the famous writers Sofija Ivanauskaitė-Pšibiliauskienė (1867–1926) and Marija Ivanauskaitė-Lastauskienė (1872–1957) who had composed their works under a joint pen-name of Lazdynų Pelėda.

Photos by D. Mukienė and J. Rekašienė

Share:
 
TopTop
© Lithuanian Art Museum, © Association of Lithuanian Museums. ISSN 1648-8857 Page updated 13.09.2016
Technological Support of Website: UNESCO Chair in Informatics for the Humanities at the Institute of Mathematics and Informatics