LT / DE / FR / RU 
  Search 
Search    Home Feedback Structure of Website ACCESSIBILITY / CREATORS / SUPPORTERS   
Contacts
Information for Visitor
Collection
Exposition
History of the Museum
   
 
Museums | In Lithuania | Search by Region | Vilnius | The Lithuanian Army Volunteers Museum

 The Lithuanian Army Volunteers MuseumThe Lithuanian Army Volunteers Museum

 

Museum is closed.

 

Collection
The collection is composed of things and visual materials, documents and printings, negatives, photographs, video records, arms.

Exposition
Prehistoric of the Lithuanian Army Volunteers’;
Defense of the Parliament in 1991;
History of the Lithuanian Army Volunteers’ Forces.Lithuanian Army volunteers (1919–1920)

History of the Museum
The idea to establish the museum belongs to the Parliament’s defenders who in 1991 in the palace of the Supreme Council settled the Army Volunteers’ headquarters.
On January 16, 1993, while celebrating the 2nd anniversary of SKAT (Volunteer Service of Country Defense), the Lithuanian Army Volunteers’ Museum was solemnly opened.
The Museum was initiated by colonels A. Pocius and J. Gecas and volunteers A. Burokas, R. Bagdonas, artist N. Treinys etc.
The Founder of the Museum is the Volunteers’ Forces of Country Defense.

Photos by Eugenijus Žygaitis

Share:
 
TopTop
© Lithuanian Art Museum, © Association of Lithuanian Museums. ISSN 1648-8857 Page updated 29.05.2017
Technological Support of Website: UNESCO Chair in Informatics for the Humanities at the Institute of Mathematics and Informatics