LT / DE / FR / RU 
  Search 
Search    Home Feedback Structure of Website ACCESSIBILITY / CREATORS / SUPPORTERS   
Contacts
Information for Visitor
Exhibitions
Radvila Palace
Radvilos family
   


A card holder may visit LAM branch museums: Vilnius Picture Gallery (Didžioji st. 4), Museum of Applied Art (Arsenalo st. 3A), Radvila Palace (Vilniaus st. 22), National Art Gallery (Konstitucijos av. 22) free-of-charge. For more information please check website www.vilnius-tourism.lt

 

 

  

Radvilų rūmų muziejuje

Radvilų rūmų muziejuje

Radvilų rūmų muziejuje 

Radvilų rūmų muziejuje
 

Radvilų rūmų muziejuje

Radvilų rūmų muziejuje

Radvilų rūmų muziejuje
  

radvila palace

(Branch of the Lithuanian Art Museum)

Contacts
Address: Vilniaus g. 24, LT-01119, Vilnius.
Tel.: (+370 ~ 5) 212 14 77, (+370 ~ 5) 262 09 81.
E-mail: radvilos[at]zebra.lt   
http://www.ldm.lt/RRM/Index.htm
Head of the Museum – Vytenis Bialopetravičius.

Information for Visitor

Opening hours:
Tuesday to Saturday 11–18.
Sunday 12–17.
On the eve of National Holidays opening hours are shortened for one hour.

Admission:
adults – 1,80 €;
pupils, students and OAP – 0,90 €;
children under 7, disabled, ICOM member – free.

Guided tours:
lithuanian language – 10 €;
foreign language – 15 €.

Access:
the Museum is fitted for visitors with mobility impairments.

Exhibitions
Present Exhibitions >
Archive Exhibitions >

Radvila Palace
The Radvilos Palace (architect Jonas Ulrichas) was built at the end of the 17th century on the request of Jonusas Radvila (1612–1655), the chief of Samogitia, the hetman of Lithuania, and the voivode of Vilnius. We can see such palace on a medal forged by a German medallist Sebastian Dadler (1586–1657) in 1653 on the occasion of Jonusas Radvila’s inauguration as the vaivode of Vilnius. The palace was of three stores, with two stored galleries full of mannered décor and the Renaissance-like shapes. In the middle of the 17th century it was one of the most beautiful buildings in Vilnius. Unfortunately, it was devastated by the war with Russia in 1654, wars of the 18th century and also raging fires. At the beginning of the 19th century Dominykas Radvila (1786–1813) gave the ruined palace to Vilnius Philanthropy Society.
In 1967 restoration of the Palace started.

Radvilos family
In 1990 the first small exhibition was opened. One of the halls reminds the visitors of the owners of the Palace – the famous noble Radvilos family. 165 portraits of the family are exhibited in the hall. The portraits were engraved on the request of Mykolas Kazimieras Radvila (1702–1762) by a self-taught engraver Hirsz Leybowicz (1700–1770). In the 16th–19th centuries the eminent and influential family gave the country chancellors, vaivodes, hetmen, bishops and even a queen (Barbora Radvilaitė, 1520–1551) and a cardinal (Jurgis Radvila, 1556–1600). The Radvilos had so much wealth and collections of art that they could easily compete with the Court.
Creations by Italian, Flemish, Dutch, Spanish, French, German, Austrian, Russian painters and drawers are exhibited here. In the gallery halls one can see admire pictures by Antonio Campi (died in 1591), Lodovico Carracci (1555–1619), Bartholomaeus Spranger (1546–1611), Jan Fyt (1611–1661), Cornelis Mahu (1613–1689), Cornelis van Haarlem (1652–1638), Meindert Hobbema (1638–1709), Francisco Ximenez (1598–1670), Juan Rizi (1600–1681) and other well-known and almost unknown masters of Western Europe.

Share:
 
TopTop
© Lithuanian Art Museum, © Association of Lithuanian Museums. ISSN 1648-8857 Page updated 12.10.2016
Technological Support of Website: UNESCO Chair in Informatics for the Humanities at the Institute of Mathematics and Informatics